Wednesday 15 July 2015

First Impressions: Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero: *Insert obvious music refference here

Last post of this marathon. Remind me not to write these one after the other.

This is a series I've only recently herd of, even though it dates back to the Gameboy Colour. With my interest in Metroidvania's growing as I go on (still yet to actually finish a Castlevania, though my Metroid counter is at... one... again, new interest), new games have been appearing more and more in my feeds, one of them being this series, and with a new game being successfully kickstarted, thought I might as well throw this in while we were at it today, so: Shantae Half Genie Hero.




As soon as this trailer starts showing the game, you can tell that this is a Wayforward game. If there's one thing Wayforward is amazing at, its animation. Everything in this game is beautifully animated, something that was even in the GBC game, which is an accomplishment considering the hardware. I also love the art style of this game, its absolutely gorgeous while at the same time, adorable. Everything has a very cute feeling to it which I think works well. Plus it means that there's a lot of colour in this game, something that I love in game.

Gameplay wise, if you're familiar with the Shantae series, it looks like you'll feel at home here as everything follows the formula of the original game and the sequel "Risky's Revenge". If you're not familiar with the series, I recommend looking up any of the games on Youtube, to give you a better feel as I'm not covering any of them here... yet... I have plans to, just nothing set in stone yet.

The moment I saw this made me wish I'd join in with the Kickstarter, as it looks great and a lot of fun to play. However, I sadly did not, so I shall wait for release. But for now, my hands are killing me, I need to sleep, so I'll see you on Friday for the Opening Impressions of Gravity Falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment