Sunday 31 May 2015

June update: Festivals, E3, videos and mood swings

It's that time of year again, E3 month. And once again, I'll be covering the E3 news, however, its slightly different this year, but I'll get to that later

First, reviews are going to be returning back to a more manageable schedule, there's no marathon this month, and three reviews planned, the first being Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney next Wednesday. The other reviews are going to be on two different perspectives on story telling, but you'll see what I mean when I announce them.

E3 this year, I'm going to be writing posts that talk about the press conferences again, but I'm not going to do a marathon of Impressions afterwards. Instead, I'm going to be getting together with a few people and posting a video of the conversation we have talking about the announcements. I'm hoping this means more coverage of E3 in a shorter amount of time. Right now there's one video planned, but that could change depending on what else is shown. I'll also be doing another "wishlist" of what I personally want to see at E3 before it starts like I did last year.

Now about that festival part of the title... I'm going to be volunteering at the Tech Games Festival at the Chisholm Institute of TAFE this year from the 30th of June to the 2nd of July. During this week, the E3 video I talked about will go live, so there won't be a void of content like the last two events I worked at. If anyone who reads this is also going to the festival, say hi if you see me. I don't know what I'll be wearing as a way to show who I am, due to the fact that I am working at it. I do have prior experience with what the event used to be, the Computer Games Boot Camp, at Monash University.

The E3 video (maybe videos) won't be the only video coming out this month. I am currently working on two promotional videos for the two sites (mainly the reviews site). One of them is a standard trailer (though potentially longer then a normal trailer, due to the song choice) and the other is a montage of the reviews and impressions posted since the sites launch. I'm hoping to debut them at the Tech Games Fest, with the videos being made public the week after when I return to University for Semester 2. On top of that, there are two other joint reviews in the production process, with planned release dates in the coming months.

One final thing, this is a bit of a plug for a friend of mine, but I do what I can. A twitch streamer called Duk700 is planning on getting back into streaming soon, with a challenge I can only salute him for (mainly because I'm planning on doing a similar challenge soon) either starting soon, or has already begun, depending on his schedule. If you're looking for someone new to watch, You can find his Twitch account here, I'll be posting links to his streams when he's about to broadcast as well, to help him get going. There's nothing else to say on the matter except for "See you next Wednesday for Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright".

No comments:

Post a Comment