Friday 8 January 2016

Star Wars; Episode 2: Attack of the exposition... I mean Clones

Sorry for the major typo . I was tired, I don't know what I was thinking, even I know calling this movie "Star Wars: Revenge of the Clones" was stupid, and yet is probably the funniest thing about this.


Ugh. I'm trying to add more to this, I really am, but then all that will accomplish is padding a review of a padded movie. I regard this movie as the worst of the prequels, as it has most of the problems of the last one while trying to pander to the hardcore fanbase, and failing in the process. This movie has gone down in infamy because of the problems, and all of them I agree with.

The CGI, while better, still highlights the fact that nothing is actually there except for the clothes on the cast's backs, the dialogue, while with less Jar Jar, is even worse thanks to even more padding exposition in bland monotone because of bad direction. The casting is ok, but with one major issue I'll talk about next week. The only good thing is the soundtrack, and even that's mostly reused or sounds so similar it may as well be reused. Even the story, like with the last movie, is a mess of plot threads and exposition. How many times do I have to say it. SHOW, DON'T TELL!!!

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, I really am. Do yourselves a favor, and skip these two, and start with the prequel movie that doesn't get mentioned a lot, Star Wars: The Clone Wars. And no I'm not going to bother with images other then the cover, because this movie doesn't need more padding.

No comments:

Post a Comment